The video above shows one of the "winners"rounds of the competition.
• Teams 11, 16, and 14 have each won their first round and now have to compete against each other. Team 11 is in the upper lane because it is the lightest device. Team 16 is in the middle lane. Team 14 is in the lower lane. Team 11 succeeds in rescuing the ping pong ball and almost brings it back before the device starts to spiral in the tube.
The video above shows the final two rounds of the competition.
• Team 22 was undefeated going into the finals. This team had read the competition rules carefully and made a highly reliable device for only moving to the second region, but not flipping the light switch.
• Team 5 and Team 28 designed and build devices that could accomplish all tasks, but their devices were not always reliable. Team 5's device was lighter than team 28's device.
• In the first finals round both Team 5 and Team 28 flipped the switch.
• Since team 22 had never been defeated and since this was a double elimination, all three devices were run in a second finals round, the results from which would determine the winner. Team 28 won this round by flipping the switch. Team 22 came in second because they accomplished all tasks except flipping the switch and were lighter than Team 5, which also accomplished all tasks except flipping the switch.
The video above shows four rounds of the competition that had particularly successful designs.
• Team 18 has a very fast device, and ultimately came in second in the competition by
being successful and fast the first three times it ran. We have shown one of those times.
• Team 44 and team 6 lost at least one round, but in the third to the last round (against
team 5), both of these devices worked and these two devices advanced to the finals.
• In the first finals round team 44 was successful and team 6 was not. The device from
team 18 was also not successful. This meant that team 44 and team 18 had both lost once. It
also meant that team 6 ended in 3rd place.
• In the second finals round, team 44 was again successful and earned first place for